Monday 29 April 2013

Comics of my youth

Being a child in the 1980s was great if you were a boy and loved comic books! This was a great time for home grown British publications. Sadly, something that cannot be said today.

The Eagle was relaunched in 1982, introducing Dan Dare, the Mekon and Doomlord to an eager new generation. This was also the year that I started reading 2000Ad!


When I wasn't absorbing these great comics I was out cruising the neighborhood on my Rayleigh "Grifter". This awesome bike was my beloved transport to the surrounding villages and woods where Star Wars, Clash of the Titans (original!) and Dr Who (especially the Cybermen in "Earthshock") were endlessly played out.


Anyway, as this is an illustration blog I thought I'd have a go at some of my favourite characters starting with some 2000AD ones.

Judge Dredd

Rogue Trooper







Joe Pineapples

No comments:

Post a Comment