Monday 1 April 2013

Getting started

Hi

Welcome to my illustration blog.


So far 2013 has been extremely varied work wise, so for my very first post I thought I'd show you some of the commissions I've had since New Year.

Variety is the spice of life, after all!
  
For an extensive look at older work I have set up two permanent galleries, links to these are at the top of the page.




 Book Cover Design

This is a book cover for a novel called "Boffin Brainchild" by Jill Jennings available on amazon soon.

I had great fun working on this and was really pleased with how it turned out. 

I especially enjoyed painting the Yorkshire style houses in the background. Here's a look at them without the characters getting in the way.


 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas Recycling Cartoon


For Christmas 2012 I was commissioned by South Cambridgeshire District Council to produce a full page cartoon for their magazine.

This was a great job, dealing with the excesses of Christmas.


This is how it looked in the magazine.


I am a cartoonist at heart so whenever I get a chance to work in a more humourous fashion I relish in it.

Ok , so technically this was commissioned before New Year but I didn't get the magazine from my Mum until a few weeks ago so I'm slipping this one in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night Club Flyer

This next one is a cartoon of the DJ, Lisa Pin-up for the promotions company "More-on-the-Door".

This image was part of a flyer design for a School Disco event.



Here is the original sketch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fresh Prince T-Shirt Design

This was a Tee shirt design for "Logos-for-Polos".

Only eight colours could be used because of the printing process.

I don't do a lot of caricatures but I do enjoy them when I get a chance.


Here is the image without the colours.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 Diagram Poster

This image was commissioned by the company "Safe-T Supplies Ltd".

The brief was to show their company transporting cargo containers and palettes from mainland China to Britain and the E.U in a fun, graphical way.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Educational Editorial Work

These images were part of a set of illustrations commissioned by Collins for an educational book series for the Egyptian market.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample Piece

This was a sample piece for a new educational book series.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Book Illustration

These following images were all commissioned by the "Educational Company of Ireland".










A pretty varied workload.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



2 comments:

  1. Excellent work! I love the book cover - its really atmospheric. Would be interesting to hear more deception about the process of creating images and the commissioning of work.

    ReplyDelete